Last updated: December 13, 2019
Anthem Pets (see Contact Us for location information) is the data controller for your information.
This Notice explains:
▪ What are cookies?
▪ Types of information collected and reasons for collection
▪ Types of cookies we use
▪ Duration of storage of cookies on your device
▪ Cookie management
▪ Consequences of deactivation of all cookies
▪ Changes to the Cookies Notice
▪ Contact us
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are useful because they allow websites to recognize a user’s device. They are then returned to the original website on each subsequent visit or to any other website that recognizes them. For more information on cookies, go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
The term “Cookie” is used in this Notice in the broad sense to include all similar techniques and technology, including web beacons and log files.
Log files are Web server files (storing information such as domain names or IP addresses, URLs, the http response code, the website from which you access ours and/or the date and length of your visit) that are created automatically when a user visits a site.
Some pages of our website contain Web Beacons (also known as “Internet beacons” or “invisible GIFs”). A web beacon is an electronic image usually composed of a single pixel. It can be placed on a web page or in an email to transmit information, including personal data such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page in question, the URL of the page, the time of consultation of the page and the type of browser used, as well as the data contained in the cookies sent by a third party.
Types of information collected and reasons for collection
Cookies help us to better understand your use of our Site and, as a result, allow us, among other things, to offer our web visitors a more personalized and consistent experience. Here are examples of the types of information that we collect through cookies:
▪ The number of users visiting the Site, the frequency with which the Site was viewed, the pages viewed, the clicks made on the Site and the total duration of navigation on the Site;
▪ The name of the website visited prior to the Site;
▪ Whether you are visiting our Site for the first time or not;
▪ Your viewing preferences;
▪ Your purchases, shopping cart contents and your orders;
▪ Your user name, your password, the type of browser used and your IP address, so that we can identify you during your next visits.
In addition, cookies allow us to do the following:
▪ Customize your visit: We may use information collected during your visit to facilitate your next visit to our Site.
▪ Customize the advertising and marketing messages that appear on the Site, whether ours or those of third parties. This involves, for example, identifying the features of our Site that interest you, recommending courses or displaying helpful information.
▪ Analyze customer trends: We compile information on our Site visits and analyze them as a whole in aggregated form. This type of study aims to identify trends among many visitors to our Site, rather than analyze the information of a particular visitor.
Type of cookies we use
We use first-party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are necessary for technical reasons for our Site to operate and/or provide basic functionality to you, and we refer to these as “essential” cookies. Other cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users and to enhance the experience on our Site. Third parties also serve cookies through our Site for advertising, analytics and other purposes. The specific types of first- and third-party cookies served through our Site and the purposes they perform are described in more detail below.
These cookies are created by Anthem Pets They are, for the most part, used to allow you to browse our Site and use its features. They may also assist in analytics activities.
In addition to our proprietary cookies, some third-party and affiliated companies may place cookies on your computer, access them and associate web beacons with them. These cookies enable third-party features or functionalities to be provided on or through the Site. The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your device both when it visits our Site and also when it visits certain other websites.
The types of first- and third-party cookies we use on the Site are:
▪ Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Site and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas that require registration. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site to you, you cannot refuse them without impacting Site functionality
▪ Functional cookies: These cookies allow you to browse our Site or benefit from some of its features, such as memorizing language preferences, placing orders online or using live chat support. Similar to essential cookies, if these cookies are disabled, it could impact your experience to use some site functionality, such as your set preferences
▪ Analytics cookies: These cookies allow us or our third-party analytics providers to collect statistics (aggregated and anonymous) on the use of the Site by you and other visitors.
To refuse these various types of cookies, please follow the instructions below under the section “Cookie management.”
Duration of storage of cookies on your device
The duration of storage of cookies on your device may vary, depending on the category to which they belong: temporary or permanent.
We use temporary cookies to assign and register a session ID to store and track information about your current visit to our Site. This type of cookie does not leave any information recoverable on your hard drive. Most of our proprietary cookies fall into this category and expire when you close your Internet browser.
Our proprietary analysis cookies and third-party cookies are permanent cookies. They allow us to understand visitors’ browsing behavior over a longer period of time or to provide you with additional features related to your Site customization requests and the content that you have saved or stored. They can stay on your computer for a year or longer, depending on their function. This means that these cookies survive after your browser is closed and can be used by our Site to recognize your computer when you reopen your browser later.
All cookies: You can manage your cookie preferences from your web browser. Visit your web browser’s help menu for more information on deactivating or deleting cookies. You can also configure your browser to be notified of the receipt of a cookie, so that you can decide whether you want to accept it or not. Cookies do not read the data from your hard drive and you can delete them from your computer at any time. You must set your cookie preferences on each browser/device that you use and each time you use a new browser or device. Please note that if you choose to disable or deactivate cookies, this will apply to all cookies and have the consequences on Site functionality as discussed in the section below.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link, or Your Online Choices to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
Consequences of deactivating cookies
If you choose to deactivate cookies, you may continue to use certain parts of our Site. However, most useful features may not work anymore, depending on which cookies you deactivate. For example, you will not be able to login to your account, use live chat or make purchases, and the Site and its content may not be as relevant to your preferences. Please note that if you have disabled one or more cookies, we may continue to use the information that was collected by such cookies before they were deactivated. However, we will cease to collect any information via the opted-out cookie once a cookie has been deactivated.